Recipe: Shrimp and Veggie Stir-Fry
Your thyroid is sometimes thought of as a master controller of your metabolism. The hormones it makes affects the biochemical reactions in all of your cells. But, thyroid concerns are more common than you might think.
So, what kind of healthy foods support your thyroid? I have a bunch listed in my latest post.
Too tired to make an elaborate dinner? Here’s a super-quick, super-delicious, and super-thyroid-supporting stir fry. It has iodine- and selenium-rich foods, goitrogen-reduced cruciferous veggies, and is 100% gluten-free.
Your thyroid is going to love it!
Recipe (thyroid-supporting): Shrimp and Veggie Stir-Fry
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 lb fresh Brussels sprouts, halved
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/4 tsp salt
½ pound shrimp, fresh or defrosted
1 tsp honey
2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari (gluten-free soy sauce alternative)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 dashes cayenne pepper, optional
- Heat wok or large skillet with oil.
- Add Brussels sprouts and fry until they’re golden (4-5 minutes).
- In a bowl, make the sauce by combining the honey, aminos/tamari, garlic, and cayenne, if using.
- Add mushrooms and salt and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and fry until they’re cooked and turn pink.
- Add sauce to skillet. Toss and cook until heated through.
Serve & enjoy!
Tip: Serve on a bed of cooked rice or quinoa.
P.S. If you want me to break down a simple step-by-step action plan to help you reach your goals to finish out 2019 STRONG and set yourself up for success in 2020, sign up for my 2020 New Years Goal Setting Webinar!
If you want one of the spots before they fill up, click here to sign up ====>
To your health!